As our name suggests we specialise in the repair and restoration of traditional sash and casement windows (Victorian or Georgian) sash window refurbishment glasgow
We are also proud to provide services for historic windows and heritage windows, of which we can provide examples of our craftsmanship. sash window refurbishment
From the initial contact our engineers will have a brief discussion about your sash window requirements and arrange a date / time for a visit suiting you. stirling
We can supply and fit all types of sash timber windows that are either single glazed or double glazed offering low U-values.
Our specialist team of tradesmen will come out to assess the work necessary on your period conservation windows, providing a quick and no obligation free quotation.
No job is too small or too large for Listed Window Refurbishment.
From a single window to a large business premises or housing block, Listed Window Refurbishment can deliver.
We very much welcome trade enquiries also, which will be personally attended to by the proprietor, Don Devenney who is well known and established for over two decades in the industry.
- Window Repairs
- Window Refurbishment
- Window Restoration
- Window Manufacturers
- Conservation Window Experts
- Domestic or Commercial
A new timber manufactured window is not the only option, depending on the degree of works needed to windows;
The other most cost effective option is to restore your existing windows and Listed Window Refurbishment will help you to return your traditional Sash/Victorian/Box sash/Sliding sash windows to their original glory.
Most old sash and case windows were originally manufactured from exceptionally durable timber so it makes sense to restore original joinery rather than replacing.
Here is a description of a standard refurbishment by Listed Window Refurbishment:
- Pointing, block out in lime mortar and re-point with red or buff sand and boiled linseed oil mastic
- Fit new interior baton rods and parting bead incorporating draught proof system i.e. new Aqua Mac compression gasgets
- Fit new brass Brighton fastener
- Simplex fittings
- Fit new sash cords to top and bottom sashes (waxed cord with nylon core size 8)
- Rub down and prepare window for painting, apply one dust coat, one undercoat, and one exterior coat of micro-porous gloss paint to pointing lines
Broken or cracked glass is a further problem which we can easily rectify.
- sticking windows
- dust pollution
- rotting cills
- broken cords
- window furniture
- Simplex fittings
– these can all be addressed without the expense of new windows.